Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Mom and Dad

Though I will admit to going through phases, I've never been very crafty. But, as a parent, I'm sometimes forced to get creative when throwing money at a problem won't solve it. This Halloween I'm reviving a makeshift costume idea for myself and the husband that I came up with years. I had put all my effort into making the kid's costume and had to whip something up for us grownups an hour before we were due at a super hero themed party.

My super simple costume idea could run you under $5 (not counting travel time, maybe parking and so on and so forth) if you already have a couple of tees you're willing to sacrifice. 

Here's what you need to make your own costumes:

Two (2) long or short sleeved Tees. One for you and one for your mate.
One (1) bottle of puff paint in a color that will show up on each of the tees.
A steady hand, and, ideally, heroic penmanship ability with a squeeze bottle.

After figuring out optimal placement for lettering (ladies, you must take the boobage into account), lay tees on a flat surface and start writing. Since a duo is never equal, the person who does all the work gets to be the Super and the guy who just shows up and puts on what you tell him to is the Side.

From left: JCrew perfect fit long-sleeved tee in Henna, $24.50.
Tulip Slick puff paint in White, $3.79 at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft.
Gap slub waffle crew T in Navy Heather, $29.95.
Super easy with plenty of snickers and Snickers! Plus, if you pass out in a candy coma, you'll sleep in relative comfort. Happy Halloween All!

No comments: