Sex and the City 2

I've read the reviews and I what I thought when I first saw the trailer for Sex and the City 2 has been confirmed by the critics--this movie is going to blow, but not in an entirely fun way. The trailer basically summed it up for me. There was just too much color, too much forced joviality and too much WTF? on screen for me to expect Sex and the City 2 to be, well, very good.

I was never into the over-the-top clothes (except for the sweater Carrie wore when she was boinking the character played buy Mikhail Baryshnikov. (That buy is supposed to be a by but I'm leaving it because in the end, Carrie is all about buying.) So I'm not going to see it for fashion cues I can adopt into my own life. And since I've read spoilers, I know Mr. Big isn't going to keel over with an overdue heart attack and Berger isn't going to come back into the picture so he and Carrie can try and out writer each other. (Maybe that can happen in SATC 3?)

Yet, I'm still going to pay my $10 or so and take a few hours out of my post-deadline life to go see it. I want to decide for myself if SATC 2 is all those things the critics say. Hey, it might be even more offensive to me on a hundred different levels. What I hope is that I don't feel dumb after shelling out my pennies and losing a few hours of my day to go see it. Now that would be offensive to me. But when it comes down to it, I'll have no one to blame but myself and, oh yeah, it's just a movie.

No comments: