Waiting and Seeing...

Just sent off a revised synopsis to my poor editor for what I hope will be, finally, my next book. I feel like a nervous bride-to-be who keeps calling off her wedding only to have to start planning it all over again once it's back on. Even I can agree my book situation is edging toward flakiness, but I can only hope I got it right this time around.

I'll have to wait out the long weekend and however many days it takes for my editor to talk to her boss before I find out if it's a go or if I've flaked my way out of a publishing contract. Which would be almost fitting since the book is about job insecurity and career anxiety, two super fun topics. I can take (some) solace in my editor's words; she said it's best to write what you feel connected to. There's something in this tweaked version of last year's story that needs to be told...if only so we can all move on with our lives and publishing calendar. Of course, once I'm done I'll have to figure out what do do next. Sort of like the main character in my book.

In the meantime, I'm continuing my consumption of mass media by going to the movies tomorrow. I've seen about a movie a week after a long drought of staying away from my local theater. I'd forgotten that part of going to the movies is making the simple effort to go to the movies. And go I have. Not just to kid friendly movies, either, though I've dragged the kid along with me. So far this year I've seen Bride Wars, He's Just Not That Into You, Inkheart (yes, a kid's movie but I have a thing for Brendan Frasier) and tomorrow I'm going to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. I am! Why? Why the hell not? I'll balance my movie diet out with Revolutionary Road, Rachel Getting Married, The Reader and Defiance. But not before I see The International. Sometimes it's best to start with dessert before tackling the meatier stuff.

2 comments:

maria said...

I haven't gone to the movies but maybe when I do it will be from one of your books!
Maria your # one fan

Margo Candela said...

And afterward we'll split a banana milk shake!