Plugged by Heather

My flying friend Heather, gadling.com's Galley Gossip blogger has quoted me in her latest post and has managed to make me sound sympathetic and smart. She's a genius. So much so, that I'm bugging her to get a book proposal together.

Heather, you're officially on notice and I'm going to keep asking and bugging and asking and bugging you until you sit down and do it. Don't doubt my tenacity. It got me a pony when I was 9 and after that little feat, nothing fazes me.

Now, I'm a firm believer that just about anyone can accomplish almost anything as long as they're willing to dedicate the time and effort to the endeavor. And I also know that certain things, like a lack of innate talent, can't be overcome by mere hard work--Madonna not withstanding. Please, let's be honest, the woman can't sing but she works her ass off to distract us from that fact with all her other shenanigans (theatrical and personal) and those amazing biceps of hers.

But I digress.

When it comes to writing a book all you have to do is do the hard work while thinking creatively and keeping your finger on the pulse of what the non-reading American public might want to buy. Easy! OK, maybe not so easy, but I'd rather do this than take the math section of the SATs. Seriously.

2 comments:

Paulita said...

I hope you're right. The writing I'm getting done. The publishing that's another story....

Skydoll said...

Kiss kiss, love ya! Gonna start writing the book - maybe tomorrow? After I finish my next Gadling post, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS WALK OFF A FLIGHT!