The Work in Workout

I was flipping through the June issue of Glamour magazine this morning and decided to sign up (finally) for their Body By Glamour plan. It's pretty nifty. I get a homepage where I can log my progress and see how I'm (and am not) doing week by week.

My goal is to boost my endurance and energy level (and yeah losing a few pounds would be nice) and maintain my goal weight of 133. What also sold me on the plan, which is free, are the mp3 workouts. I'm going to string them together (taking out the chatty bits) this weekend using my nifty mp3 wave editor. I have a load of itrain workouts but they've jacked up the price enough for me to make due with what I have.

Since it is a week by week plan and I'm starting at week one, I have to wait until Monday to officially begin. What will really keep me honest is having to log my meals (snacks count). I'm kind of oblivious to what I eat (on purpose) but I have made an effort to omit the senseless snacking and unnecessary desserts. Seeing it on the screen in front of me will force me to stop cutting corners on both my meals and workouts. I'll start posting on my progress as soon as I have a full week's worth of stats.

2 comments:

Mary Castillo said...

Dude, I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Shred video workout (corny, I know) but it worked! I've been doing it for 2 weeks and I lost 8 pounds and went down a size. I think I might actually make my goal of getting to the pre-pregnancy size. But I think the belly is what it is. Good thing I gave up my Victoria's Secret modeling career to write books.

Cheers,
Mary

Margo Candela said...

Oooh, a workout video endorsement. I'm a sucker for those. I'll have to try it. And if kicks my ass, I have you to thank for it. Too bad typing isn't considered an aerobic activity, eh? If it was we'd be so set. Oh well, Mary, I suppose we must suffer for our art and accept our bellies.