Small Successes

My editor Sulay at Touchstone just emailed me saying (typing?) that she really likes the first three of the five title suggestions I sent her last week. This is great news since it means I may have a title in the near future. Right now, I'm torn between title suggestion one, which I was practically close to tattooing on my forehead when I thought it up, but now title suggestion three resides in the fullness of my heart. I'd be happy with either, but if I had to pick one, it'd be three. Hear that Touchstone people? Vote three! Or One! Just pick a title, for Pete's sake and put me out of my misery. But don't add to it by suggesting something really lame. And yes, I'm still worried about jinxing things so I won't reveal the actual title until it is the title.

I've already made good use of my Alphasmart Dana, after getting used to it and the operating system. It has a flat keyboard and I'm used to my fancy ergonomic wireless one, but I found myself typing away last night. Since I can't keep track of word counts I found it kind of liberating to just write without monitoring my progress. I'm not sure still though. I think I might have saved a couple hundred by going for the Neo, the more stripped down version, but I wanted a bigger screen. Sometimes bigger is better. The plan is to type away and download everything from the Dana to my laptop at the end of the week and do it all over again until it's time to polish and revise which will take place on my laptop/monitor set-up since I can see the overall book.

And with that, it's back to Book#2.

No comments: