Hump Day

Today for me, at least, is all about editing. I have a full length novel to skim, polish and return to my agent by Monday. I've been working on this book for years, years, and I'm hoping (but not too hard) that this might be it. I may have finally gotten it as close to right as I can thanks to a lot people and their thoughtful thoughts on it. And since I like variety, I'm also going to start keying in all the scribbled edits and notes I've made on the boyfriend book. And once that's all out of my system, it's back to Book#2, as it's still known, tomorrow morning. And thanks to my Dana, I'm making good progress on it.

Honestly, I am. I'm the first person to admit that there are endless ways to encourage productivity and most amount to nothing more than excuses to procrastinate. The Dana's small screen makes editing almost impossible for me. So I'm learning to just keep going and only double back when a completely new thought or plot point comes up. It's almost, as they say, freeing. Then again it might be the meds talking.

Update: Now it truly is hump day. I just got a five page author questionnaire I need to fill out for my publisher. Five pages of questions ranging from my date of birth to whether I have a Costco. membership...

4 comments:

ben said...

Can I name the new one?

Margo Candela said...

Sure! Whatever you come up with has as much of a chance as the titles I squeezed out of my brain. Publishing is funny that way. Not ha-ha funny, mind you.

ben said...

To continue the song/title tie in, I'm thinking Uncertain Smile.

Margo Candela said...

I LOVE that song and grew up on The The. I'll add it to the mix and will certainly include it as a chapter title. Thanks for the reminder.