Busy Writer Lady

My next book may not be coming out until August, but things are happening anyway.

What: Adelante Mujer Latina Conference

When: Saturday, April 19

Where: Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA

Why: An author panel featuring myself, Reyna Grande, Lara Rios and Malin Alegria

What: Las Comadres Regional Comadrazo

When: Saturday, April 26

Where: Sage Leaf Restaurant and Lounge, Whittier, CA

Why: Signing books with Mary Castillo.

What: The Day Before Dia de las Madres

When: Saturday, May 10

Where: ChimMaya Gallery, East Los Angeles, CA

Why: Myself, Reyna Grande, Mary Castillo and Jamie Martinez Woods will be signing books, talking about getting published and reading from our novels. This event is being organized in part with Las Comadres.

What: 2008 Lang Lecture Speaker

When: Thursday, May 29

Where: Glendale Community College, Glendale, CA

Why: Noon time lecture, followed by a book singing on the campus of my old community college where I got my start writing for the El Vaq and earned an AA degree in Humanities after considering child development and sociology before settling on journalism.



Now I have to put together four different outfits for each occasion and, to tell you the truth, it's really the only reason I got into this whole writer business in the first place.

No comments: