Weighty Matters: 90's Step

Took a break from editing a synopsis I've promised to turn into my agent tomorrow to indulge in some exercise nostalgia with Kathy Smith's Great Buns and Thighs Step Workout. My step technique is pretty rudimentary--none of that fancy double step stuff for me. It's been a long time since I've done this workout, but I got through it with minimal stumbles and a stitch in my side. (That just proves it's working!) What I like most about this workout, besides it being relatively straight forward, is the step is used vertically which means it's good for small spaces, like my office. It's heavy on squats, minimal on quick change moves and even the music isn't too lame despite some of the back-up exercisers wearing thong leotards over their shorty shorts. Thongs to workout. Those were the days, man.

I'll take it sort of easy as I'm working back into working out after a week of being sick and a week of being away from my normal home routine. When I'm ready, I'm going to tackle Jari Love's 1000 workout which uses the step (yay!), weights and looks really hard.

No comments: