Obsession: Frye Boots and Shoes

Frye has been around since 1863 so they must know what they're doing, right? I've recently decided to spend a bit more money on quality shoes since my cute and cheap shoes have left me hobbled and hurting.

My first Frye purchase was a pair of blue cowboy style boots a couple of years ago, which I tried on, put back in the box and haven't thought about since. My second, last month, was a bit more practical:




The Clementine Ankle Strap isn't the most exciting shoe, but the good reviews on Zappos and my need for a basic black flat inspired me to try them out. The leather soles were pretty slippery at first, but I scratched them up on pavement and I think they'll get more comfortable the more I wear them.






I've been obsessed with the Heather Button Wedge since I first saw them in the Anthropologie catalog a couple months back. I HAD to have them but at $188 I decided I could wait for a sale. And Shopbop came through for me! Free shipping, too. They arrive on Thursday and I. Can't. Wait.




On my wishlist:


At $348, the Paige Tall Riding Boot is unlikely to ever make it off my wishlist, particularly since I just bought three other pairs of boots (also arriving Thursday and I hope at least one works out). But these look pretty darn near perfect to me.

Now I just need suggestions on how to incorporate blue cowboy-style boots into my wardrobe...


--PepperCook

1 comment:

Margo Candela said...

I can't help but wonder, PepperCook, if those three lesser boots equal the price of the Paige boots which are the boots of your dreams. Perhaps you can go to the shoe store, try them on and Renee Zellweger will happen by and buy them for you like she did for that chick at Barneys. It could totally happen! Or not. Most likely not.