Weighty Matters: Budokon for Beginners

OK. So my whole thought in delving back into the world of DVD workouts was to give my usual routine a little variety. Lately its been yoga heavy with cardio (via my spinning bike) thrown in. Since I know I'm not likely to combine the two (cardio and yoga) on my own, I was interested in a DVD that incorporates the two for me. Budokon is a mixture of yoga and martial arts (kicks and punches) and looked to be the ideal mix.

Since I know the basics of yoga but squat about martial arts, I went with Budokon: Beginning Practice lead by Cameron Shayne who has branded the hell out the combo. It's hard for me to get into the whole spiritual aspect of yoga as it is and was almost impossible to do so when subjected to the piano play ing of the kid and the husband trooping around the house, but I made it through the entire 50 minute workout (first 30 was yogaish but no sun salutations the rest was kicks, twists and punches all done in a wide stance) with little trouble. So Beginning Practice will not be an addition to my collection but I'm holding out hope that Flow and Flexibility might be a little more challenging. But first, I'll have to get through Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease and a few others before I can find out.

2 comments:

Mary Castillo said...

I love Carmen Electra's Striptease workout. Dude, you sweat and hurt the next day!

Happy New YEar!

Mary

Margo Candela said...

Happy New Year, Mary! I like the sweating part, not so sure about the hurt but I'll give it a go...