Yogasim

Well, hardly but I have been sticking with the yoga only workouts and have been pleasantly surprised to find myself standing up straighter and increasingly able to preform a modified Chaturanga Dandasana. I'm using a combo of Shiva Rea's Yoga Sanctuary and Beth Shaw's Yoga Stretch. Of the two, you get more bang for your buck with Shiva Rea since it's a double disk CD, but Beth Shaw's provides a straight forward and calming intense stretch. (Yes. I know what I typed.)

Now I'm the first to admit, yoga does not provide a sustained cardio workout (especially the way I do it), but I have noticed an over all improvement in strength and toning which means my jeans are fitting baggy and my stomach, believe it or not, is flatter. Not flat but flatter. And being that this is an extra stressful time of year, the meditative benefits are gravy. My weight is holding steady at 134, last week I hit 133, which is surprising since I pretty much eat what I want and tonight I want frickin' chicken nachos from El Pollo Loco.

No comments: