Writitng Marathon: Day Six*

As of this afternoon, I reached page 178 of the polish (out of 292 written) and have broken the 60k barrier, ending the day with 60,305 words on the page. I've also taken to leaving my computer on in case I get the writing joneses after my normal working hours--like when the husband and the kid out rule me in watching A Model Life so I have no choice but to retreat to my office.

All in all, I think I'll in good shape but will work on picking up the pace a bit to make sure I have some time to give the whole manuscript a read through before I send it off to my editor on September 1st. (Really doubt that will happen, but that's my goal.) I'm guessing the book will end up somewhere in the 90k range, but it's hard to tell at this point.

*I'm counting Sunday as a writing day even though I didn't get any writing done because that's the honest thing to do.

No comments: