Fake Vacations, Real Memories


Yes, that's what I look like when I find out I'm supposed to be enjoying myself because I'm on vacation. I had been under the impression that we were just popping down to San Diego to visit with the husband's mom and maybe stop by the outlets on our way back to L.A.

I was wrong.

The husband tried to insist I appreciate the fact that he'd shelled out twice what he usually does on this short jaunt to upgrade us to the Hilton. I was less than impressed. I once, twice or about three times stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena for a whopping $99 a night through a special rate the sister got through her job. His saving a few bucks by booking through some website didn't make much of a difference to me. It was still the Hilton and he still ended up paying way more than $99 a night.

Either way, the beds and pillows were very comfy so it had that going for it, but the pool scene was pure yuck. Swarming with kids and their drunk parents, loud music provided by a DJ of sorts and I had no interest in dipping a toe into the sea water. I need more than a two night stay at the Hilton to get into vacation mode.

Next time I'm going where my mood suits the place, like Paris or New York.

No comments: