Writing Music

I'm not one of those people who can write in quiet. I grew up in a big, noisy family and when things got quiet you knew something was up and it usually was not good.

I'm always looking to fill my space with pleasant background noise and I like to tailor it to what I'm writing. Yesterday I spent a little (OK, a lot) of time putting together a nifty play list for Missed Connections and here are some of my favorite songs. (Disclaimer: Since this a more touchy-feely story, at least for me, some of the songs are on the sigh side.)

1. Playground Love, Air
2. Fidelity, Regina Spektor
3. The Heart of Life, John Mayer
4. Northern Sky, Nick Drake
5. Silent Sigh, Badly Drawn Boy
6. New Slang, The Shins
7. Trouble Sleeping, Corinne Bailey Rae
8. I Found a Reason, Cat Baily

So yes. I'm a girl. Surprise.

No comments: