It's Not Just Me, Is It?

As usual, I'm reading/skimming my daily allotment of advice columns when I'm intrigued by the dilemma in today's Since You Asked (Salon.com). It seems this person has moved from New York proper to San Diego, of all places. Hilarity ensues. Actually, not. This person is pretty miserable--for understandable reasons. San Diego is a nice place to live. Too nice for some people.

And what sage words does Cary Tennis have: "You come here chasing dreams and fleeing nightmares. Name them. Name the dreams. Name the nightmares. Give them shape and form. Then go home."

Cringe. Nails on a chalk board cringe. I'm still recovering from reading it. (My eyes were magnetically drawn to this line so, being honest here, I have no idea if Tennis bothered to offer any real advice.) Reading stuff like this makes me wish people kept journals and kept them to themselves. Ugh.

No comments: