The Not So Pretty Side of Publshing

Somewhere between writing a book, querying agents, landing an agent, enticing an editor and getting a book published there is work that has to be done.

Weighing in at 3.8 lbs with almost 2o pages of very detailed notes, I have two weeks to go through each page before I send it back to New York. After this I'll get page proofs and the only changes I'll be able to make are correcting major errors. So I'm going on a 'that' hunt, a word a tend to way overuse and will make sure there aren't any continuity errors. Like I said, I learned from experience and its one I don't want to live through again.

The blue notes on the side are pages where I have to pay particular attention to the copy editor's marks and comments. There are some but not nearly as many as I had to contend with on Underneath It All. This is because I went through the manuscript one last time before I sent it off to my editor and it looks like it may have paid off.

No comments: