The Not So Pretty Side of Publshing III

So I've done it. I went through Life Over Easy page by page, line by line and I'm still sure I missed something I'll find when its too late to do anything about it.

But for now, I'll enjoy my relatively clean desk. The papers on it are the calendar I used to make sure my dates from 1998, when the novel takes place, matched up, the blue stickies are from the copy editor I'm keeping for my own records and the yellow stickies I went through like Kleenex during flu season for my own notes. I've taken the extra step of making a copy of the manuscript before sending it off to New York tomorrow so I can compare and contrast it with the almost final copy (laid out in type). I can be super persnickety and make sure the changes I noted made it in to the next stage of the process.

After this, my editor Kate will be putting together galleys for review and I'll have a lot of fun trying to convince people from magazines, newspapers and blogs to read my next novel. But that's part IV of the not so pretty side of publishing. Stay tuned, you don't want to miss it.

No comments: