The Not So Pretty Side of Publshing II

The Good news? I'm halfway done with going over the copy edited manuscript for Life Over Easy. The bad? I'm going to have to go through the whole thing once I'm done.

But I can't complain. It's sort of fun to read through LOE again with fresh eyes. I even laughed out loud here and there and then felt really stupid because I was laughing at something I wrote. I also have to admit I miss the office I wrote it in, our ex-San Francisco flat. It had no view but the light was great. It was about 3/4 the size of my current work space and I had picked out the most perfect shade of green for the walls. (Not so green that it made me look sick, but green enough so people would ask what shade it was. Of course, I've forgotten the exact name but hope to be reunited with it someday.)

My complaints about my current office are many, but it's mostly my fault. It's pretty spare since I don't like clutter but that means when it gets messy, you can see the mess.

Maybe I need to put some art up in my new office to liven it up and make it seem less institutional, the gray-blue shade is a tad on the cold side. And a bookshelf would be nice so I don't have to rummage through the closet for supplies.

OK, back to work...

No comments: