'Tis the Season to be Greedy

In celebration of the consumer season I’ve decided to post my very own Christmas wish list. As I am lucky enough to have a roof over my head and food in my belly, as well as shoes on my feet and clothes on my back, I really don’t need any of this stuff. None of it. But I figure since certain people in my life have to get me something, I’d make it easy for them by providing links (when possible) and reasons why I wouldn’t be disappointed to find suggested items under the tree.

1. Coach Mia Braided Leather Satchel in Tobacco/Brass
OK, I know $428 (before taxes) for a purse is a lot. But being that I am not a big purse person, I only have two a red and black one, it’s pretty obvious I don’t buy them willy-nilly and that I need a brown bag.

2. Hugo Guinness Drawings (book of)
At $40 this gift suggestion is a bargain. That it’s only available in New York (at John Derian) is of little matter. What’s a couple of cross country phone calls to see my happy smiling face on Christmas morning?

3. MBT Trainers
These are definitely not vanity shoes, but their purpose is pure vanity, the price is eyebrow raising (in the $250 range). I already dropped a chunk of change on a good treadmill (which I use six days a week, thank you very much); I might as well invest in a pair of really ugly shoes which promise to improve my gait and posture. In the end, it all comes down to the state of my ass.

4. Busty Japanese Candy Dolls
I am no collector and ruthlessly purge myself of things most people would consider to have sentimental value. Plus, I hate knickknacks, but when the husband presented me with a racy box of Japanese candy (either chocolate or bubble gum) I immediately gravitated to the mini surprise sexy figurine that is the real purpose of the whole thing. So far I have only one (a gal with an orange page boy in yellow bikini and green sarong, sipping a milk shake) but I would like to add to my collection.

5. iGallop
Um, this might be a case where the more left unsaid the better, but it sure would beat the Dutch Oven I got that one year, wouldn’t it?

No comments: