Good Reads: Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian

Got some time on your hands? Clocking in at 704 pages in paper back, Kostova's debut novel about Dracula will more than fill it. A lot of fun to read in bed on cold rainy days, it’s exactly what you want in a long novel. It’s layered, interesting and a page turner. It’s one of those books that make me want to read more about the history, culture and folklore, not just Dracula.

Not that I have gotten around to to this little task. The Historian is the longest book I've read in a while, but I do remember enjoying almost every page of it. My sister didn't quite get into it as much as I did (and she has yet to return my copy) but for me it was worth the investment in time and money. I'm searching around for another book to immerse myself in, but with all that is and isn't going on, my reading has been really limited lately. Just like my attention span.

No comments: